Sunday 2 April 2017

Duty calls

Hold your horses while i contemplate my mundane existence, sigh.


This weekend's been pretty rough, apart from the crazy weather. Being on duty during the weekends is really pretty tough. You get to work from home, sort of, and when you go back to work on Monday it makes you feel crappy because you felt like you haven't had that well deserved weekend, one way or another. I managed to sneak out twice yesterday to avoid the scene. 3 out of 4 times when i'm on weekend duties it's always pretty bad. A straddle in the terminal catching fire, modules' broken down, shortshipments, short falls. Not sure if i'm the jinx or...

Still, yesterday night was pretty great. Instead of the road trip i thought i'd enjoy - cancelled because work held up till 3pm and there wasn't a point in leaving since it was late. Instead the pair of us ended up going to some strong bier fest in town, close to circular quay. Man, it was yummy. One of the better beers I've had to far I must say. Not sure if I was thirsty, but it was so yummy and slight sweet I forgot it beer and I got tipsy fast. Managed to finish my 1L stein like a grown up as I am, they even gave a free pretzel I could cry :')

The weather was great in the afternoon, so great I had to wind down the windows and caught up with Simba for a bit cos little bitch had to collect his mail and he couldn't walk 10 mins down the road. The weather at La Perouse was great, I wished it stayed the same. Pretty exciting news in the next few weeks to come!! I can't wait for Easter break. Very much needed break. Was thinking of going on a road trip perhaps with my little car (ambitious), but Gabe says it's not worth it because I'll be caught in traffic. Then again I'm from Singapore, I'm sure I can handle it haha.

No comments: